Senior Accountant - Costing
Senior Accountant - Costing
|Reference Number: PMDF-17049|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: November 29th 2017
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Senior Accountant (Costing).
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant (Costing) is responsible for the accounting records for the plant, monthly closing, costs analysis, and accurate profit and loss reporting. The successful candidate will also reconcile and maintain the accuracy of production, sales, and purchasing reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create and analyze standard costs for manufacturing operations including variance analysis and management reporting
- Daily reporting and reconciliation of production and shipping
- Analyze manufacturing costs: supply chain, inventory, distribution and transportation
- Coordinate with IT department for system issues, maintenance and development such as production, purchasing, import/export, accounts payable, accounts receivable, import/export IT, receiving, shipping, and other.
- Be the financial lead on the administration, analysis, and development of the Maximo Maintenance & Purchasing ERP system, including any future reporting, forecasting, and managing expenses and data after implementation.
- Responsible for administration of BPAL wood payment system
- Complete month-end closing tasks including journal entries, inventory accuracy and variance analysis
- Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts and preparation of the financial statements
- Provide support to Controller and external auditors
- Complete ad hoc reporting
- Provide monthly inventory analysis and reporting; manage and organize cycle counts/physical inventories
- Maintains respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff
- Familiar with the company’s policies/processes and understands the impact of this position on the competitiveness and performance of the company
- Complies with and follows health and safety policies and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in Accounting, prefer Bachelor’s degree
- CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) or CMA (Certified Management Accountant) designation or the ability to work towards achieving CPA or CMA designation
- Three years experience in an accounting role preferably in manufacturing
- Must be able to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Experience with ERP systems
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional service orientation
Pembroke MDF offers a competitive benefit package and company matching RRSP program.
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email quoting the position title and file number. Position will be opened until filled.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|