Duncan Crosby Professional Corp., a busy law office located in Renfrew, is currently recruiting for a Legal Bookkeeper/Secretary. This is a part-time, one year maternity leave coverage position.
The primary function of this position is to perform bookkeeping and accounting functions of the firm. This position requires an experienced person with strong bookkeeping and computer background.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day recording of all trust and general account transactions
- Reconcile and balance monthly trust and general bank accounts
- Prepare and post the statements of account (fee billings)
- Maintain clients trust ledger, accounts receivable sub-ledger and accounts payable
- Preparing payroll
- Preparing necessary government remittances such as HST, and payroll deduction remittances,
- Prepare year end T-4 and filing with government
- Prepare and file all Law Society forms
- Submit quarterly LPIC levies
- Other duties as assigned