|Riverview Heights Retirement Residence|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: October 8th 2021
Riverview Heights Retirement Residence is an independent living seniors' residence which opened in 2008. We provide a home-like setting with an open and friendly culture that allows residents and families to feel valued, safe and secure. Riverview Heights encourages independence while providing residents and their families the comfort of knowing our caring staff is there to help if needed.
Riverview Heights is currently recruiting for a new position of Guest Attendant. This is a full-time position.
The Guest Attendant is a member of the care team under the direction of the Director of Care and is responsible for maintaining the appearance and cleanliness of the common rooms of the home. The Guest Attendant performs all the facility laundry, personal laundry and the labelling of clothes. The Guest Attendant assists the care services department with non-medical support and is responsible for following infection control guidelines.
Core job functions:
- Complete all components of new employee training and annual training
- Presents a positive image to the public and clients
- Primarily responsible for cleaning common areas and completing all laundry
- Participates and knows their role in fire safety and emergency plans
- Assist in answering telephone, call bells and assist clients with non-medical requests
- Clean and restock housekeeping cart
- Clean and restock client laundry area including towel exchange program
- Perform duties as outlined in the shift routine and any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
- Responsible for reviewing plans of care and being knowledgeable of residents including behaviour management
- Previous housekeeping and laundry experience, preferably in a retirement home or long-term care setting
- Ability to work and communicate with the elderly and physically or cognitively challenged clientele in a respectful manner
- Ability to do extensive standing, walking, squatting, kneeling, lifting and pushing of objects of various sizes and weights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health and Safety
- Current First Aid and CPR certification an asset
- Excellent attendance is essential
- Customer service experience and ability to demonstrate commitment to client and family-centred care
- Excellent knowledge of infection prevention and control considered an asset
- Gentle Persuasive Approach (GPA) certificate
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position. Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit a clear vulnerable sector check prior to hiring.
Riverview Heights is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and hiring process as required under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Applicants need to make their needs known at the time of application.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Leslie Worsfold, Financial Manager|
Riverview Heights Retirement Residence
400 Bell Street,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|