Location: Barry's Bay, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2021
Champlain Gardens is a well-established assisted care facility in the heart of Barry’s Bay. We provide independent living and enhanced living packages as well as respite care. Residents enjoy activities and entertainment, excellent dining, a well-maintained property and 24-hour emergency staff support.
We are recruiting for a Housekeeper. This is a part-time position.
- Clean, dust and vacuum residents' bedrooms and public areas of the residence, i.e., lounges, corridors and elevators.
- Clean and sanitize residents' bathroom and all washrooms in the residence, including all fixtures, tiles, floors, vanity and mirrors.
- Clean rooms vacated by residents and prepare rooms for incoming residents.
- Collect refuse from residents' rooms and other areas of the residence and dispose of this refuse in accordance with set procedures.
- Clean and organize outdoor and patio furniture.
- Water and care for plants in the residence.
- Clean and restock housekeeping cart.
- Report malfunctions in equipment and repairs needed to environmental department through the maintenance memo book.
- Notify Housekeeping Manager when housecleaning suppliers are low.
- Previous housekeeping experience, preferably in hospitality or a retirement home.
- Previous employment in a healthcare or hospitality setting is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy for the needs of the elderly.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and to do simple arithmetic calculations.
Champlain Gardens offers a positive and nurturing environment for individuals seeking professionalism and high-level standards in their employment. If these standards align with yours, we would be pleased to review your resume.
9 Stafford Street,
Barry's Bay, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|