Location: Barry's Bay, Ontario
Posted: April 6th 2021
Champlain Gardens is a well-established assisted care facility in the heart of Barry’s Bay. We provide independent living and enhanced living packages as well as respite care. Residents enjoy activities and entertainment, excellent dining, a well-maintained property and 24-hour emergency staff support.
We are recruiting for a Cook-Dietary Aide. This is a full-time position.
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals for residents in a safe and attractive manner.
- Work within a set budget, limit waste and adhere to residence policies and procedures.
- Review regular and therapeutic menus; set-up equipment and supplies for daily food production. Prepare food following standardized recipes.
- Ensure meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion-controlled quantities.
- Assume responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Food Services Manager including: menu changes as necessary (ensuring that these changes follow departmental procedures), staff replacements, purchase and receive food and supplies and place service calls for malfunctioning equipment, following departmental procedures.
- Monitor the quality of food supplies received and the proper operation of kitchen equipment and alert the Food Service Manager to problems and make recommendations concerning corrective actions.
- Maintain required records in the absence of the Food Service Manager, e.g. menu changes, purchase orders, delivery receipts and temperature checks.
- Clear and correct labelling of excess food.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Perform duties as outlined and any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Check and record food temperatures daily on a rotational basis for meal times as per Health Promotion Act:
- Hot food to be served at a minimum temperature of 140°F or 60 °C.
- Cold food to be served at 40°F or 4°C
- Assist with food preparation as required.
- Complete departmental cleaning and ware washing as required.
- Be knowledgeable of and practice residence's fire and safety programs.
- Serve food to residents observing special diet restrictions, resident preferences and outlined departmental procedures.
- Clear tables, load and safely operate dishwasher; complete manual ware washing as required.
- Culinary designation or diploma an asset or an equivalent designation.
- Current Safe Food Handlers certificate.
- Previous employment in a health care or hospitality setting an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of and empathy for the needs of seniors.
- Experience in quantity food preparation.
- Familiar with Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating and therapeutic diets.
- Ability to understand oral and written directions.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, and stand and walk short distances throughout the day and to tolerate heat from kitchen area.
- Familiar with Hazardous Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Occupational Health and Safety and Sanitation Code.
Champlain Gardens offers a positive and nurturing environment for individuals seeking professionalism and high-level standards in their employment. If these standards align with yours, we would be pleased to review your resume.
9 Stafford Street,
Barry's Bay, Ontario
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|