Director of Finance and Procurement
Director of Finance and Procurement
|Pembroke Regional Hospital|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: March 26th 2021
Located approximately 150 kilometers northwest of Ottawa, Pembroke Regional Hospital delivers a broad range of acute, post-acute, outpatient and diagnostic services to a population of approximately 55,000 residents. With the dedicated support of 750 staff members, an engaged physician community and hundreds of volunteers, Pembroke Regional Hospital provides acute services in emergency and intensive care, medical/surgical care, acute mental health, orthopaedics and obstetrics. The hospital has a full range of rehabilitation services, is the designated district stroke centre for the region, and provides community-based mental health services throughout Renfrew County.
The Pembroke Regional Hospital is seeking a Director of Finance and Procurement. This is a full-time, permanent position.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team in a leadership position. Under the general direction of the Vice President, Finance and Corporate Services (CFO), the Director of Finance and Procurement plans, develops and manages the financial services and procurement activities of the hospital. The Director ensures that the hospital’s financial information and reporting is in compliance with regulatory bodies as well as meets internal needs for decision-making purposes. Accountabilities will include leading the hospital’s detailed financial reporting and budgeting processes.
- University degree in commerce or business administration with an accounting major
- Chartered Professional Accountant designation, CPA, CA
- A minimum of five years of financial leadership at the management level
- Advanced knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and NPO reporting
- Experience leading external audits
- Ability to direct and monitor procurement and purchasing activities, while ensuring the hospital is in full compliance with internal and external policies and requirements
- Excellent leadership and team-building skills with the ability to motivate and coach staff in a demanding environment with critical deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and provide sound judgement in decision-making processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple business systems in a complex and ever changing environment
- Knowledge of financial and procurement software programs
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs and relational databases
- A demonstrated ability to meet the attendance standards of the hospital
- Management and/or leadership experience in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Knowledgeable of Health Based Allocation Model (HBAM) and case costing
- Bilingualism (French and English)
This position includes a competitive, comprehensive benefit plan and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan.
The Pembroke Regional Hospital is an employer of choice in the Upper Ottawa Valley. Living and working in the Renfrew County means safe, friendly communities, an abundance of recreational facilities and green space, short commutes, and quality education and health care facilities.
Pembroke Regional Hospital will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our human resources department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
Pembroke Regional Hospital
705 Mackay Street,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|