Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent
|Holiday Inn Express|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 17th 2019
Salary: $14.00 per hour
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke is a new hotel just off Highway 17 in Pembroke. We have 75 rooms with all the comforts of home and business. Our clientele expect an excellent experience in the time they spend with us. We are a multi-year award-winning hotel for quality in excellence and a major contributor to the local market.
We are currently recruiting for a Front Desk Supervisor. This is a full-time position.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for creating an overall positive guest experience through interactions with guests which include the reservation process, telephone interactions and email interactions. The Front Desk Agent is expected to go above and beyond to ensure that our guests are treated with world class customer service and create returning guests for the hotel.
Responsibilities of this Position
- Taking reservations, changing reservations, cancelling reservations and creating a positive first encounter with the hotel through the reservation experience.
- Answering a multi-line switchboard and handling calls with the utmost professionalism and courtesy at all times to ensure the guests need is met in the most positive light.
- Light housekeeping duties to ensure the desk area is clean and tidy; assisting with folding, mopping, sweeping, dusting and cleaning windows when required.
- Log the lost and found items that the housekeeping team bring down daily and store in an appropriate locker; recording items that have been picked up and returned to the guest via mail
- Conducting a month-end inventory
- Count and balance the cash drawer and vending bag at the beginning and end of each shift
- Ensuring the suite shop charges are posted to house accounts and recorded correctly in guest folios with a signature if necessary
The individual best suited for this position will be someone who enjoys dealing with the public and who can make exceptional guest service seem easy. We cannot stress enough the importance of a customer-first attitude.
Additional qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience in high-level hospitality is a definite asset
- Examples of how you elevated a customer's experience in your previous work or in a volunteer capacity
- Familiarity with the region, things to do locally and events taking place, is an asset
- Efficient computer skills and willing to learn new software
The Front Desk Agent is expected to be:
- Positive with high energy
- Highly self-directed and takes initiative to ask questions when in need of clarification
- Focused on overall team success to ensure a positive guest experience
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke invests heavily in training our employees to know their position well and to deliver the level of service that our guest have come to expect. Holiday Inn Express Pembroke offers a friendly, fun and dynamic work environment with plenty of opportunity to grow within the organization.
|Lorraine Pecoskie, General Manager|
Holiday Inn Express
8 International Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|