Care Team Supervisor
Care Team Supervisor
|Reference Number: CTS 018-02|
|Carefor Health & Community Services|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: February 9th 2018
Carefor Health & Community Services offers home care services, community support and operates the Pembroke Civic Complex retirement residence. Carefor provides frozen meals, transportation and visiting programs as well as personal and home support, foot care programs, companion sitters and a going home program which allows for transition from a medical stay back to the home. We operate throughout Renfrew County and are one of the region's most recognized healthcare providers.
We are currently recruiting for a Care Team Supervisor. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Care Team Supervisor is responsible for the provision and management of care to residents according to the residence policies and procedures. Care is provided within the framework of quality and risk management and the standards and scope of practice set by Carefor and the College of Nurses of Ontario for the Registered Practical Nurse. The Care Team Supervisor is responsible to teach and delegate tasks to different levels of workers.
- Supervises care team employees including performance management and disciplinary actions, attendance management with a multi unionized environment
- Provides complete, relevant assessments of the client and family and their environment utilizing established procedures
- In collaboration with the health care team and manager, develops residents’ care plan
- Selects and implements strategies or interventions from established care plans
- Prepares work schedules, assigns duties on the basis of work priorities, availability, and skill level of staff
- Collaborates with CCAC Care Coordinators, family physicians, specialists, hospital staff, Community Mental Health, etc.
- Describes rationale for referrals for increase or decrease in visits and for discharge based on relevant, sound data and established guidelines
- Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team and acts as a clinical resource and mentor for other care providers, staff and students
- Assumes role of after-hours on-call manager on a rotational basis
- Plans, implements, evaluates and adjusts care in accordance with resident-focused expectations
- Functions in accordance with the standards of nursing practice from the appropriate provincial regulatory body (College of Nurses of Ontario)
Qualifications and Experience
- Certified Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse in Ontario
- For positions requiring expertise in a specific field of clinical practice additional degrees or certificates may be preferred or required
- Mental health training and experience required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a RN or RPN
- Clinical practice experience preferred
- Experience in a retirement home or similar facility
- Experience in supervising staff
- Experience in scheduling
- Knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety and Infection Prevention and Control
- Experience working in an unionized environment
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Experience working with dementia, Alzheimer, and mental illnesses
- Experience using information technology (Microsoft suite including Excel, scheduling software)
- Knowledge of RHRA an asset
- Observation skills
- Independent assessment skills
- Health teaching facilitation
- Interpersonal and interdepartmental relationship building
- Ability to problem solve and to adapt nursing to independent practice
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Perform and direct staff with IMP
- lementation of treatment procedures
- Ability to work in a busy, fast paced environment and prioritize duties
- Dependable, trustworthy, compassionate with good work habits
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to evaluate situations and use policies and procedures as guidelines
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
Applications must be received before 4:30 p.m. on March 2, 2018 stating the competition number.
Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfil all position requirements by email, fax or in person.
To learn more about Carefor's integral role in the community visit www.carefor.ca.
|Ashley Godin, Executive Assistant|
Carefor Health & Community Services
425 Cecelia Street,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|