Renfrew Victoria Hospital is a values-driven organization dedicated to excellence in health care and is nationally and internationally recognized for the commitment to quality and client-centered care.
We are a fully accredited facility, offering surgical, medical, obstetric and complex continuing care. Special inpatient services include an emergency department, diagnostic imaging, hemo and peritoneal dialysis, oncology, birthing room, sleep laboratory, special care unit, palliative care, pastoral care and more. The hospital has an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
At the Renfrew Victoria Hospital, we strive for excellence in both in the delivery of safe and high quality patient care services and the establishment of a healthy work environment.
We are currently recruiting for one temporary, full-time Physiotherapist and one casual Physiotherapist.
Under the supervision of the Senior Physiotherapist, the Physiotherapist applies physiotherapy assessment and treatment procedures in the restoration and maintenance of physical function:
- Reviews physiotherapy referrals and consultations.
- Prioritizes referrals on the in-patient and out-patient service in accordance with acute and continuing care and physiotherapy standards and the out-patient waiting list policy.
- Carries a full patient load.
- Assesses and treats patients in accordance with the policies and procedures of the department.
- Educates the patient on the measures to achieve functional independence, and for preventative techniques.
- Co-ordinates the patient’s treatment goals and program with other team members.
- Ensures patient safety.
- Instructs nursing staff regarding safe patient transfers, mobility and positioning.
- Prescribes and modifies necessary equipment for safe patient mobility, i.e. canes, walkers, wheelchairs.