|Township of Greater Madawaska|
Posted: June 13th 2017
Greater Madawaska Township, located in the Ottawa Valley, is the most picturesque and diverse tourist destination area in Eastern Ontario, offering opportunities for four seasons of outdoor adventure: alpine skiing to snowmobiling, flat water canoeing to fishing, championship golf to rock climbing, from mountain biking to ATVing. The options limited only by your energy and sense of adventure.
We are currently recruiting for a Grader/Equipment Operator. This is a full-time, temporary position.
The position of skilled Grader/Equipment Operator provides a variety of construction, maintenance, repair and emergency response services related to Township infrastructure with a focus on public safety and convenience.
- High school diploma (or equivalent) with job related courses in the operation, maintenance and construction of roads
- One to two years experience in the maintenance of municipal public works infrastructure and operation of equipment, including trucks, backhoe and loader and other miscellaneous equipment
- D-Z licence mandatory, A-Z preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated excellent safety record
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position.
- Ability to be on call 24 hours per day combined with a flexibility in hours of work
Please forward your written cover letter and resume in confidence, by 4:00 PM on June 23, 2017 via email, mail or fax.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information will be used to determine eligibility for potential employment and is pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
|Jamie Doering, Public Works Manager|
Township of Greater Madawaska
19 Parnell Street, PO Box 180
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|