Located in Eastern Ontario approximately 100 km northwest of Ottawa, the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board (RCCDSB) operates a Catholic school system for approximately 4,580 students with a deep commitment to faith and faith development in a vibrant educational environment. The RCCDSB has 20 schools (18 elementary and two secondary schools) in 14 communities in which the majority are rural. The board is composed of both unionized and non-unionized employee groups.
We are currently recruiting for Caretakers. These are casual positions to cover short-term absences of the permanent Caretakers. Positions are available at the following schools:
- St. Joseph’s High School, Renfrew
- St. John Bosco, Barry’s Bay
- George Vanier, Combermere
- St. Andrew’s, Killaloe
Under the direction of the Manager of Plant Services or designate, the Caretaker offers a wide range of cleaning and general maintenance duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the cleaning of the school, ensuring thorough inspection that standards of cleanliness are maintained;
- Perform monthly fire extinguisher checks and record;
- Perform maintenance of grounds, including the removal of snow/ice, lawn care, watering (does not pertain to all schools), etc. during the season;
- Security of the building as required;
- Observing and reporting safety violations;
- Actively participating in emergencies;
- Other related duties assigned.
Please apply through www.applytoeducation.com. All interested applicants are invited to submit an updated resume including details of qualifications, experience and professional references.
Applications sent directly to the schools or to human resources will not be considered.
It is imperative that all new applicants to the board submit an original current, satisfactory vulnerable screening criminal background check prior to commencement of employment.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RCCDSB is committed to barrier-free selection processes and therefore if contacted for this position, you should advise the human resources department in a timely fashion of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.