Shift Team Lead - MDF Production
Shift Team Lead - MDF Production
|Reference Number: PMDF-17022|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 8th 2017
Salary: $62,215 to $64,000 per year
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Shift Team Lead - MDF Production. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Production Manager the Shift Team Leader will be responsible for monitoring and managing the day-to-day operations of the production department concerning safety, all plant operating machinery and related equipment. The successful candidate will provide continuous plant operations with optimal up time and will be responsible for the growth and development of team subordinates and promoting a healthy and safe work environment through team building, facilitating problem solving, and making recommendations for continuous process improvement (CPI).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinates the production department including safety, quality, cost, efficiency, training and continuous process improvement.
- Ensure each department has the appropriate capabilities, competencies, tools, standards and related resources to meet ever-changing needs.
- Coordinate all production day-to-day operations and projects with the Production Manager.
- Serve as a back-up to the Production Manager for production related questions.
- Provide accurate information about plant production through timely reporting and recordkeeping.
- Provide technical support to production teams, lab, and maintenance departments.
- Ensure quality standards are met as defined by internal and external customers.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day direction for the production function.
- Supervise department personnel on a daily basis.
- Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counselling employees on a regular basis.
- Conduct annual performance reviews and provide continual feedback, provide counseling, employee discipline, corrective action plans, participate in termination and hiring as required.
- Provide formal and informal performance feedback, and encourages performance and exemplifies the standards of excellence desired.
- Write and conduct performance reviews.
- Work with maintenance to develop and implement comprehensive Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) programs that coordinate with production demands.
- Ensure plant efficiency is maintained at the highest possible level without sacrificing safety, quality and cost standards.
- Maintain a general file of all plant production documentation, manuals, drawings and production file copies.
- Interact with customers and vendors as needed.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and works inter-departmentally to implement new ideas.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental expectations in the performance of all job functions.
- Identify root cause of issues during production and document issue on action logs.
- Follow up on issues assigned to this position through the action log.
- Review Vacation and absence requests, coordinate coverage for these requests.
- Review absenteeism and address areas of concern.
- Maintains respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff.
- Complies with and follows health and safety policies and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree related to business is considered an asset
- Technical or mechanical education/certification is a requirement
- Four to six years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment, with three years in a supervisory role
- Minimum three years of experience working with Küster press and refiners particularly in areas of pulp and paper and/or MDF manufacturing facility
- Proven ability to make decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Experience with metric and standard measurements
- Strong math and mechanical aptitude is a must requirement
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional service orientation
Pembroke MDF offers a competitive benefit package and a company matching RRSP program.
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email quoting the position title and file number, by 4:30pm on July 6, 2017.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|