|Reference Number: PMDF-17023-1|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: December 4th 2017
Salary: $62,000 to $65,000 per year
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Technician-Maintenance Planner/Coordinator - MDF Production. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Under the direction of the Preventative Maintenance Specialist, the Technician-Maintenance Planner/Coordinator is responsible for improving the work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through systematic planning, scheduling and coordination and deployment of maintenance resources, parts, materials and equipment access. The Technician-Maintenance Planner/Coordinator will be a results-oriented team player with excellent communication and strong problem solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a structured work plan with cost estimates for all maintenance tasks which includes the following: task sequence, required external resources, necessary skills required, spare parts, materials and tools required, total person-hours required, and Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMPs), drawings, pictures, etc.
- Research, scope work for new and pending tasks and record details in a structured chronological work plan
- Identify tool and equipment requirements, develop job material lists and initiate and track the procurement of parts, special tools, and rental equipment required in the plan; may assist in preparing contract and tender documents
- Facilitate the development and revision of standard maintenance procedures
- Attach all pertinent Job Safety Analyses (JSA) and SDS sheets to the work plan
- Research and compile information from technicians in order to generate highly effective work plans
- Develop reports in order to analyze the effectiveness of maintenance processes
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with Production personnel
- Plan for maintenance activities in the event the plant experiences an unplanned downtime event to maximize opportunity
- Schedule and track work orders and preventative maintenance
- Schedule and assign all predictive maintenance roles on a routine basis such as vibration, oil analysis, and thermography
- Maintain accurate and updated records in Maximo CMMS (computerized maintenance management information system) of all maintenance labour and parts associated with work orders and preventative maintenance
- Assist in the development of PM’s, predictive maintenance, and O.E.E (Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
- Assist in monitoring mechanical installations and repairs to ensure jobs are completed on-time and in accordance with scope of work and contract terms
- Integrate with other members of the maintenance leadership team, work closely with production supervision, and liaise with management to coordinate execution of work
- Assist in providing a safe working environment by ensuring strict adherence to all legislated standards and company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree related to business is considered an asset
- Technical or mechanical education/certification is a requirement
- Four to six years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum three years of experience working with Küster press and refiners particularly in areas of pulp and paper and/or MDF manufacturing facility would be considered an asset and preferred
- Mechanical, technical and/or electrical experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent working knowledge of MDF manufacturing Küster presses and refiners
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word and familiarity with the use of a structured CMMS
- Good working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes
- Strong computer skills with CMMS or Maximo software experience preferred
- Proven ability to utilize Gantt Charts and MS Project for planning purposes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical skills; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to use reasoning skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to actively recognize potential areas for improvement
- Exceptional service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of unrelated projects with a results-focused orientation, to prioritize and think logically, and to have well developed problem-solving/troubleshooting and organization skills
- Sound working knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, and codes
Pembroke MDF offers a competitive benefit package and a company matching RRSP program.
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email quoting the position title and file number by 4:00 p.m. January 4, 2018.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|