Public Works Foreman
Public Works Foreman
|Township of Greater Madawaska|
Location: Calabogie, Ontario
Posted: June 9th 2017
Greater Madawaska Township, located in the Ottawa Valley, is the most picturesque and diverse tourist destination area in Eastern Ontario, offering opportunities for four seasons of outdoor adventure: alpine skiing to snowmobiling, flat water canoeing to fishing, championship golf to rock climbing, from mountain biking to ATVing. The options limited only by your energy and sense of adventure.
We are currently recruiting for a Public Works Foreman. This is a full-time position with a start date to be determined.
The Public Works Foreman will be responsible for the day to day operations of the Public Works Department in Calabogie.
- Extensive knowledge of Municipal Public Works Operations in the area of road maintenance, construction, waste management site operations and vehicle fleet management.
- Ontario secondary school diploma, supplemented by formal education at college or university in a field related to Public Works, preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations, rules, legislation, contractual agreements, civil architectural drawings, policies and guidelines relating to municipal operations;
- Thorough knowledge of construction and maintenance techniques in a municipal environment;
- CRS/CET designation would be an asset;
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A valid DZ License for Ontario with a clean driver’s abstract is required and must be maintained throughout employment with the Township of Greater Madawaska.
- An AZ License for Ontario is considered an asset.
Click here for the complete job description.
Interest individuals fulfilling the above criteria are invited to submit a detailed resume outlining education, experience, qualifications and a cover letter no later than June 30, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Applications will be accepted by email, mail and fax.
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Jamie Doering, Public Works Manager|
Township of Greater Madawaska
19 Parnell Street, PO Box 180
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|