Dexterra has been serving Canadian clients for over 75 years. The companies that began independently and now form Dexterra Group have an outstanding record of supporting the infrastructure and built assets that play a vital role in our society and helping our clients achieve higher performance and productivity. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together – offering both experience and regional expertise so companies can operate their day to day, confidently and successfully.
We are currently recruiting for two, full-time Carpenters.
What's The Job?
At Dexterra, we create exceptional customer experiences that make our clients shine. Powered by passionate people, we bring the right teams with the right skills together to turn problems into solutions and challenges into moments of ingenuity.
As a Carpenter, you will maintain, adjust, repair, replace, fabricate, and install doors, door hardware, windows, window glass, counter tops, drawers, cupboards, work stations, wood frames, at multiple accounts within the Ottawa and Ottawa Valley Region. There is an on-call rotation and weekend work may be required.
Your work will include:
- Adjust, repair and replace doors, door hardware, windows and window glass
- Fabricate, adjust, repair and replace counter tops, drawers, cupboards
- Install shelving, washroom accessories
- Repair or replaces ceiling tile, drywall ceiling, floor covering, drywall and wooden wall covering
- Repair, patch and paint to industry standard
- Operate woodworking equipment such as metal brake, drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, table saw, miter saw
- Order lumber, hardware, spare parts and accessories and maintain reasonable level of inventory to minimize completion time of the work orders
What's In It For You?
- Be part of an industry that's more important than ever!
- Career advancement opportunities
- Whereas other companies are downsizing, we are growing!
- Be #1 on day one by joining an industry leader.
Dexterra Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the hiring selection process are available upon request.