|Reference Number: OCWA-75-17-ER|
|Ontario Clean Water Agency|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: June 6th 2017
Salary: $24.90 to $27.01 per hour
The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) believes in our communities, our environment and our people. As a trusted partner to municipalities, First Nations communities, businesses, governments and institutions across Ontario, we provide our clients with total solutions in water and wastewater. We are dedicated to working closely with our clients to help them build healthy sustainable communities and organizations.
Do you want to be part of a team providing safe and reliable drinking water to thousands of Ontarians each day? Does the thought of an office job bore you? If you answered yes to these questions, you may be exactly who we’re looking for!
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanic/Operator in Petawawa. This is a permanent position.
In this role, you will use your maintenance skills to perform predictive, condition based monitoring, preventative maintenance, repairs, installations, upgrades, perform major equipment overhauls, participate in capital projects and operate all process control and other related equipment required in the operations and maintenance of the facilities and systems within the Hub.
- Certified Millwright
- Class 3 certification in Water Treatment, Class 2 in Water Distribtuon, Class 3 in Waste Water treatment, Class 2 in Waste Water Collection.
- May consider lesser qualified candidates as under fill – with a commitment to obtain Operator-in-Training (OIT), as specified in O.Reg. 128/04 of the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Valid class G driver’s license.
- Must be available to be on-call after regular working hours.
- Demonstrated experience/knowledge of the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment and structures.
- Knowledge of electrical, control and instrumentation, welding, plumbing, gasfitting and steamfitting.
- Good knowledge of water treatment and distribution, waste water treatment and collection also water distribution and supply processes to operate the facilities.
- Good knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other relevant regulatory and legislative acts, codes, policies, guidelines and procedures related to water operations and maintenance and health and safety procedures/WHMIS.
- Knowledge of mathematics and chemistry to make calculations for chemical and operating processes.
- Knowledge of maintenance manuals, blueprints and other technical specifications; use and storage of industrial chemicals.
- Familiarity with computers including monitoring and operating systems.
- Familiarity with predictive maintenance techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical, problem solving and planning skills to perform major equipment overhauls, routine and preventive maintenance, carry out repairs and perform a variety maintenance tasks, resolve maintenance and operational issues, take samples of the water chemicals to make process control adjustments.
- Organizational skills to lead extensive maintenance and repair projects.
- Good oral and written communication skills to liaise with staff, clients, suppliers, keep logs and completed reports.
- Ability to work in a team environment and take initiative.
- Ability to perform manual labour.
Salary: $24.90 to $27.01 per hour (plus pay for certification).
- Flexible learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunities for career advancement and specialization with the largest provider of water and wastewater services in Ontario.
- Work with the partner of choice for more communities than any other water and wastewater service organization in Ontario for over 20 years.
- Work with an organization committed to innovation and advanced technology.
- A defined benefit pension plan.
- Maternity and parental leave top-up benefits including for adoptive parents.
- Comprehensive health plan.
- Life and disability Insurance.
Please apply by e-mail, only, with an application or resume and a covering letter clearly, completely and concisely showing how you meet what we are looking for, and quoting file no. OCWA-75-17-ER (Job ID 108637), by Thursday, June 22, 2017.
OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
Ontario Clean Water Agency is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest, we will contact you only if we choose you for further screening or an interview.
Ontario Clean Water Agency
560 Abbie Lane,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|