|Reference Number: PMDF-17023|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 16th 2017
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Maintenance Planner.
Under the direction of the Preventative Maintenance Specialist, the Maintenance Planner is responsible for improving the work force productivity and work quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through systematic planning. The Maintenance Planner will provide a structured work plan to help ensure efficient deployment of necessary resources. The Maintenance Planner will be a results-oriented team player with excellent communication and strong problem solving abilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a structured work plan for all maintenance tasks which includes the following: task sequence, required resources, necessary skills required, spare parts, person-hours needed, total cost of task, materials and tools needed, and SMPs, drawings, pictures, etc.
- Research pending tasks and record details in a structured chronological work plan.
- Initiate and track the procurement of parts, special tools, and rental equipment required in the plan.
- Assist the planning lead in developing schedules for the maintenance crew.
- Facilitate the development and revision of standard maintenance procedures.
- Serve as a backup to the planning lead on an as needed basis.
- Attach all pertinent JSAs and MSDS sheets to the work plan.
- Research and compile information from technicians in order to generate highly effective work plans.
- Develop reports in order to analyze the effectiveness of maintenance processes.
- Build and maintain positive work relationships with production personnel.
- Plan for maintenance activities in the event the plant experiences an unplanned downtime event to maximize opportunity.
- Schedule and track work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Schedule and assign all predictive maintenance roles on a routine basis such as vibration, oil analysis, and thermography.
- Maintain accurate and updated records in Maximo CMMS (computerized maintenance management information system) of all maintenance labour and parts associated with work orders and preventative maintenance.
- Assist in the development of PM’s, predictive maintenance, and O.E.E (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Integrate with other members of the maintenance leadership team, work closely with production supervision, and liaise with management to coordinate execution of work.
- Assist in providing a safe working environment by ensuring strict adherence to all legislated standards and company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Maintain respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff.
- Familiar with the company’s policies/processes and understands the impact of this position on the competitiveness and performance of the company.
- Comply with and follows health and safety policies and programs.
- A post-secondary education in a mechanical, electrical or related technical trade is preferred
- Mechanical and electrical experience is required; millwright experience would be considered an asset
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic processes
- Strong computer skills with CMMS or Maximo software experience preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word and familiarity with the use of a structured CMMS
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to use reasoning skills to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to actively recognize potential areas for improvement
- Exceptional service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to work on a variety of unrelated projects with a results-focused orientation, to prioritize and think logically, and to have well developed problem-solving/troubleshooting and organization skills
- Sound working knowledge of occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, and codes
Closing Date: June 30, 2017 at 4:30pm.
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume quoting the position title and file number.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|