|Reference Number: PMDF-18005|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 11th 2018
Pembroke MDF Inc. is a privately owned company, located just outside Pembroke. Our facility utilizes high quality wood fiber supplied by local sawmills to manufacture high quality fibreboard and painted base board mouldings. Unlike other types of wood panels, the homogenous and uniform structure of fibreboard results in a product that is easily routed, milled and finished.
We currently have an opportunity for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as an Industrial Electrician.
The Industrial Electrician will work as part of a team to install, test, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment in Pembroke MDF’s manufacturing environment. This individual will have the ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and specifications in order to provide troubleshooting and repair services. The Industrial Electrician will also routinely perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and components in order to ensure the continued safe, efficient and effective operations of all equipment and fixtures utilized by the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, test, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical wiring, fixtures, control devices and equipment
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, electrical code specifications and schematics in order to effectively troubleshoot, maintain and repair equipment
- Diagnose, locate the cause of, and repair malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance through inspection of electrical systems, equipment and components
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date maintenance records
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Direct and train other workers and apprentices to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures
- Work on other electrical projects as required
- Ensure all work performed adheres to all relevant organizational, provincial and federal safety regulations, codes and specifications
- Respond quickly to emergency situations
- Maintains respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff
- Familiar with the company’s policies and processes and understands the impact of this position on the competitiveness and performance of the company
- Complies with and follows health and safety policies and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education
- Red-Seal certification preferred
- Minimum five years' Industrial Electrician experience required with preference given to those with a background in a manufacturing environment
- Allen Bradley PLC experience would be considered an asset
- Ability to work independently in a busy environment
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of safe operating procedures
- Self-starter, with developed analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Computer literate
Employment is conditional upon successfully completion of Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume via email quoting the position title and file number by January 24, 2018 at 4:30pm.
Pembroke MDF Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|