|Township of Laurentian Valley|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: September 11th 2017
The Township of Laurentian Valley is known throughout the Upper Ottawa Valley as an area of distinct charm and natural beauty. Residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none, while benefiting from the close proximity of the Town of Petawawa, the City of Pembroke, and the City of Ottawa. Laurentian Valley is experiencing significant growth as it continues to capitalize on its strategic location in Renfrew County.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Planning/Administrative Clerk.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Clerk/Planning Coordinator, the Planning/Administrative Clerk provides administrative support to the Deputy Clerk/Planning Coordinator and the Planner/EDO. Performs research and analysis on legislation, policy and information documents. Researches and coordinates special projects as requested by the Deputy Clerk/Planning Coordinator. Position responsibilities include: assisting the Deputy Clerk/Planning Coordinator; providing direct administrative support to the Planning Department; maintaining physical and electronic filing system; assisting the Chief Building Official; and providing support for the Emergency Management Program.
- Post-secondary education in a planning environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience in a municipal or planning environment would be considered an asset
- OACA’s Primer on Planning Course would be an asset
- Knowledge of the ARC GIS Desktop mapping programs would be an asset
- Municipal Administration Program and AMCTO courses would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of iCompass and TOMRMS would be considered an asset
Compensation: $46,562.05 to $54,221.71 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package. The position is based on a 35 hour work week and occasionally involves evening meetings.
Please forward your detailed resume stating “Laurentian Valley Planning/Administrative Clerk” by 2:00 p.m. Thursday, September 28, 2017 via email or mail.
Thank you for your interest, however, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
Township of Laurentian Valley
460 Witt Road,
Please indicate you found this job on ovjobs.ca|