Hypernetics is a tier two aerospace component manufacture located in Arnprior, 30 minutes west of Ottawa. Hypernetics provides custom engineered electromagnetic devices to the aerospace industry.
Hypernetics is recruiting for a well-rounded Engineer-In-Training (EIT) to join our engineering team.
The engineering team’s focus is on the design and development of new products and manufacturing processes. In addition to this, the engineering team provides ongoing engineering support to the quality, production, and purchasing departments. The Engineer-In-Training will have a diverse set of responsibilities that will touch all aspects of the aerospace manufacturing environment.
The Engineer-In-Training will be assigned responsibilities and tasks in support of the following activities:
- Mechanical and electrical design of new products to meet customer requirements
- Stress, thermal, reliability, and performance analysis and generation of analysis reports
- Generation of engineering drawings and 3D models
- Development and execution of new product qualification test programs
- Development of proposals and estimates for new projects
- Management of engineering projects including schedule, cost, and risk management
- Research and development of new technologies
- Development and maintenance of manufacturing processes
- Quality engineering support including material non-conformance, corrective action reviews, and inspection techniques
- Vendor selection and ongoing support.
- Continuous improvement of internal company processes and procedures
- Communication with customers regarding new engineering projects and sustaining engineering activities