Chartwell Retirement Residences is a leading owner and operator of retirement homes, long-term care residences and nursing homes. Committed to making people’s lives better, we offer our residents a safe and rewarding lifestyle in a seniors housing community that they are proud to call home. Consider joining our team in an environment where your efforts will be recognized, valued and rewarded.
Chartwell Retirement Residences is seeking a Food Services Manager for its Chartwell Quail Creek Retirement Residence, in Renfrew.
The Food Service Manager at Quail Creek Retirement Residence is responsible for all aspects of the residence’s food service department. The FSM ensures residents and guests are provided with outstanding service and creative menus that meet and exceed expectations. The FSM also assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for residents, visitors and other staff members.
Duties and Responsibilties:
- Prepares or monitors the preparation of service daily and special event menu plans to ensure individual dietary needs are met
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and their families in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Ensures that the meals and services provided meet or exceed residents’ and Chartwell’s expectations
- Provides residents with a safe and comfortable environment
- Leads and manages food services staff to achieve department goals
- Participates as a member of the work team and provides support to the other members of the team
- Recruits and organizes staff orientation and in-service training programs
- Schedules and assigns work, monitors and evaluates staff performance
- Forecasts, monitors and approves expenditures from the food services budget
- Maximizes purchasing power while maintaining or exceeding residence quality and service standards and provincial and legal requirements
- Develops and implements inventory control systems to maximize saving and minimize waste
- Liaises with municipal and provincial agencies concerning health and safety issues
- Voluntarily participates as a member of professional associations such as Canadian Culinary Federation, Canadian Food Service Supervisors Association
- Chairs the Food Committee or Food Advisory Committee
- Consults with the Dietitian/Director of Food and Beverage as required, to determine appropriate dietary needs for menu planning purposes
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards
- Performs other relate duties as required